Apricot and almond upside-down puds
Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
Total cost: $ 7.50 / $ 0.75 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 115g reduced-fat spread
- 1/2 cup (115g) castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (100g) gluten-free baking mix (we used Healtheries)
- 2 tablespoons trim milk
- 8 tablespoons (50g) ground almonds
- 10 teaspoons apricot jam
- 5 fresh or canned apricots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free icing sugar
- sprigs fresh mint (optional)
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease 10 small pudding pans and line base with baking paper.
2 To make sponge, mix cream spread and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Gently fold in baking mix with milk and almonds. Set aside.
3 Place 1 teaspoon jam in the base of each pan and add a few slices of apricots. Top with some sponge mix. Level surface.
4 Bake in oven for 20 minutes until lightly golden and firm to touch. Cool for 5 minutes before turning out. Serve sprinkled with icing sugar and garnished with fresh mint (if using).