Apricot compote porridge
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 75g dried apricots, chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 quantity Quick porridge
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio kernels
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Combine apricots, orange juice, cinnamon stick and cardamom pods in a saucepan. Simmer over a low-medium heat for 5 minutes or until syrupy and apricots are plump.
- Top each porridge serve with one-quarter of the apricot compote and 2 teaspoons pistachios.
Make it dairy free: Don’t use milk to make Quick porridge.
Try serving your porridge with these other delicious, healthy toppings!