Apricot-crumbed lamb steaks
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 slices multigrain bread, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1/3 cup apricot jamjellyX
- 4 x 150g lamb leg steaks, trimmed
- olive oil spray
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed, or 2 carrots, halved lengthwise
- 150g green beans, trimmed
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Process bread in a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Transfer to a bowl and mix with fennel seeds.
2 Place jam in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 20 seconds. Brush steaks with jam and coat with crumb mix.
3 Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spray steaks with oil and cook until golden. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes, or to your liking.
4 Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil then simmer until tender. Add beans and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until tender. Serve lamb steaks with carrots and beans.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and jam.