Asparagus and courgette fritters with dill cream
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 large waxy potato (or 1 cooked potato)
- 1 large courgette, grated
- 1 bunch asparagus, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 large handful fresh dill, chopped, plus a little extra
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lite sour cream
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2.4g
Dietary fibre 1.6g
1 Put the potato in a pan of cold water (there’s no need to cut it first). Cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain under cold water.
2 Meanwhile, put the courgette, asparagus, 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, dill, egg and flour into a bowl. Grate in the potato, season with salt and freshly ground pepper, then mix together. With floured hands, shape the mixture into 8 flat patties on a board, about 1cm thick.
3 Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the patties, 4 at a time, for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until soft and golden. Repeat with remaining oil and fritters.
4 Meanwhile, mix the sour cream, extra dill and remaining sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl, then arrange on a serving plate with the fritters.
If you want to get ahead, make up the mixture and shape the patties the day before and chill them overnight.