Asparagus and ricotta salad with mint vinaigrette
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup small gluten-free pasta shells or spirals
- 1 cup broad beansfavaX
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 large handful rocketarugulaX or mixed salad greens
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Cook pasta in a large pan following packet instructions. Add broad beans for the final minute of cooking time. Drain. Pod broad beans when cool.
2 Preheat a griddle pan. Put asparagus in a dish with 1 tablespoon oil and toss to coat. Fry on both sides for 1-2 minutes until just starting to colour (asparagus should still be firm).
3 To make dressing, mix the remaining olive oil with half the mint and balsamic vinegar. Tip asparagus into a serving bowl with pasta, broad beans, the remaining mint, ricotta and rocket. Drizzle over dressing and serve immediately.
If using frozen broad beans, pod them after they've been cooked for a vibrant colour, texture and flavour.