Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 hotdog bread roll
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2 teaspoons no-added-sugar red jam such as strawberry, raspberry
- 2 teaspoons no-salt peanut butter
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Cut bun lengthwise. Spread cream cheese on inside bun.
2 Add whole banana.
3 Dot jam blobs (to imitate tomato sauce) and peanut butter (to imitate mustard) along banana. Close bun.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
- The bun and spreads can be stored in the fridge overnight without the banana.
- You can make up the buns in batches and freeze them without the banana.
- For extra freshness, pack the unpeeled banana separately and let your child peel it and assemble the banana dog at school.
- Matching snack: Carrot sticks with chickpea dip.