Beef and black bean stir-fry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g beef sirloin, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 400g shelf-fresh egg noodles
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 125g baby corn, halved
- about 2 cups green beans, cut in 4cm lengths
- 1/2 cup salt-reduced liquid chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons canned black beans
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Combine beef, ginger, garlic and onions in a medium bowl. Stand for 5 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, cook egg noodles following packet directions. Set aside and keep warm.
3 Lightly steam or microwave capsicum, sugar snap peas, corn and green beans for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Keep warm.
4 Combine stock, black beans and soy sauce in a small bowl.
5 Place a large frying pan or wok over a high heat. Add sesame oil and beef mixture. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Add black bean mixture and steamed vegetables. Toss to combine and heat through. Serve with noodles.
Make it gluten free: Use rice noodles and check stock and soy sauce are gluten free.