Beef in black bean sauce
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornflour*
- 600g rump steak, trimmed, sliced
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce*
- 1/4 cup salt-reduced chicken stock*
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked rice, to serve
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Combine half the vinegar in a bowl with sesame oil, pepper and half the cornflour. Add meat. Toss until evenly coated.
2 Place remaining vinegar and cornflour in a small bowl. Add black bean sauce, stock and sugar. Combine until smooth. Set aside.
3 Heat a wok over a high heat. Spray with oil. Stir-fry beef in batches for 2-3 minutes until browned. Remove and set aside.
4 Return wok to a high heat. Spray with oil. Add onion. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add capsicum. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Return beef to wok with reserved sauce. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.