Beetroot, seeds and avocado quinoa salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1 1/4 cups Ceres Organics White Quinoa
1/3 cup Ceres Organics Raw Pitted Dates, diced
3 spring onions, finely chopped
1 red onion, sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 ripe avocado, sliced
1/3 cup Ceres Organics Paleo Savoury Mix
1 lemon, zest and juice
3-4 tablespoons Ceres Organics Coconut Balsamic Dressing
2 tablespoons Ceres Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 13g
- Peel beetroot then place in a large pan of water. Cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender when prodded with a knife. Drain and set aside to cool. When cooled, cut in chunks.
- While beetroot is cooking, cook quinoa following packet directions. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over cooled beetroot and set aside.
- On a serving platter or large serving dish, create 2-3 layers of quinoa, beetroot, dressing, dates, feta, spring onion, red onion and herbs.
- Top with avocado then sprinkle over paleo savoury mix.
Make it gluten free: Check ground cumin is gluten free.
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Ceres Organics, Mastercraft and Countdown.