Berry and pistachio biscotti
Time to make: 50 mins
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup (75g) castor sugar
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1/4 cup (40g) wholemeal plain flourall purpose flourX
- 80g pistachio nuts, shelled
- 75g dried berries (try dried cranberries)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
Total fat 3.5g
Saturated fat 0.4g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Grease and line a loaf tin measuring 19x9cm (base). Preheat oven to 180°C.
2 Using an electric beater, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until all sugar is added.
3 Fold in flours, pistachios, berries and orange rind until combined. Spoon into the tin and smooth the top.
4 Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is brown and firm. Remove from the oven and leave in the tin to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 140°C.
5 Remove the loaf from the tin and use a serrated knife to slice into 5mm thick slices. Place slices on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 15-20 minutes until just firm. Cool on the tray.
If you can't find dried berries, use any of your favourite dried fruit.