Brilliant banana bread
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (eg. olive, canola or rice bran)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- 3/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 11/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease a 28cm spring form tin or two 22cm loaf tins.
2 In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugar and oil together until pale and creamy (about 3 minutes on high). Add vanilla and bananas, beat again until well combined.
3 In another bowl, sift togther the baking mix and soda. Add to the banana mixture and stir until just combined. Pour into the tin/s.
4 Bake for 40-50 minutes. Cool in tin/s for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling rack.
Make it gluten free:
Use gluten free flour and check baking powder is gluten free.
Store wrapped in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to five days. This bread also freezes well.