Brown rice, lamb and spice-stuffed vegetables
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 8 large tomatoes
- 250g cooked brown rice
- 400g lamb mince
- 1/2 teaspoon ground all-spice
- 6 spring onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 green capsicums, halved, seeds removed
- 4 cups rocket
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Cut off tomato tops and scoop out flesh and pulp and set aside, leaving a 1cm-thick shell.
2 Roughly chop reserved tomato flesh. Place in a large bowl with reserved tomato pulp, brown rice, mince, all spice, spring onions and feta. Stir until all ingredients are well combined and season with freshly ground black pepper.
3 Stuff tomatoes and capsicum shells with rice mixture and place on prepared tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and stuffing is golden and cooked. Serve with rocket.
- Make it vegetarian: Replace lamb mince with 1 can lentils. Add some toasted pine nuts for extra flavour.
- Make it gluten free: Check all-spice is gluten free.