Cheese and mustard mini muffins
Time to make: 20 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 75g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 150ml trim milk
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce, to serve
Total fat 2g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in tomatoes, sage and cheese. Make a well in the centre then add oil, eggs, mustard and milk. Mix until just combined.
2 Place teaspoonfuls of mixture into paper mini-muffin cases so each is about three-quarters full. Place on two baking trays and bake for 8-10 minutes until risen and golden. Transfer to wire racks to cool a little.
3 Peel off muffin cases then line muffins up on serving platter. Serve warm or at room temperature with cranberry sauce.
Use 16 regular muffin cases if you prefer. Bake for 15 minutes.
This recipe freezes well for up to 1 month.