Cheese-topped mushrooms with smashed pumpkin
Time to make: 50 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
800g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 extra teaspoons
1 cup ricotta
2 teaspoons fresh thyme
1 egg white
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
8 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed and kept
cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons pine nuts
1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
2 bunches broccolini, chopped or 2 cups broccoli florets
1/4 cup fresh basil, to garnish
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Place pumpkin on 1 tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine ricotta, thyme, egg white and half of the parmesan. Finely chop mushroom stems and fold them through ricotta mixture. Season with cracked black pepper.
- Fill mushroom caps with ricotta mixture. Transfer to second prepared tray. Scatter over remaining parmesan. Bake for the last 20-25 minutes of pumpkin cooking time.
- Meanwhile, in a small non-stick frying pan heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high. Cook rosemary, pine nuts and chilli, stirring, until golden.
- Transfer roasted pumpkin to a bowl and mash roughly with a fork. Season with pepper and scatter with rosemary mixture.
- Boil, steam or microwave broccolini until tender. Drain. Serve stuffed mushrooms with smashed pumpkin and cooked broccolini, and garnish with basil.
This recipe can be used as part of the Kick-start Plan.