Cheesy beef and carrot stack
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g kumara (orange), scrubbed, chopped in cubes
- oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g lean beef minceground beefX
- 700g tomato passata
- 2 light plain or spinach wraps
- 3 carrots, scrubbed, grated
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 cups salad greens, to serve
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place kumara in a saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Cook until kumara is soft then mash.
2 Heat a non-stick saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add a little oil spray then garlic and mince and brown all over. Add passata and stir. Turn off heat.
3 Spray the base of a heatproof dish with oil. Lay 1 wrap on base then layer mince, mashed kumara and carrot on top. Spread all of the cottage cheese over another wrap then lay wrap, cottage cheese-side down, on top of carrot. Repeat layering: mince, mashed kumara then carrot on top. Finish with a layer of parmesan.
4 Cook in oven for 15 minutes. Season with black pepper and garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if preferred. Serve with salad.