Chicken and leek filo pot pies
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1 bunch broccolini or small head of broccoli
500g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
2 leeks, rinsed well, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
2 tablespoons plain flour
1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
1/2 cup frozen peas
4 sheets filo pastry
2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 11g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Thinly slice broccolini stems and reserve the tops. Spray a large saucepan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Cook the chicken and leek, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is browned and the leek softens. Add thyme leaves and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add broccolini stems and flour to pan. Stir to coat. Add stock and 1/2 cup water and bring to the boil, stir well. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through. Stir in peas.
- Meanwhile, place a sheet of filo on a work surface. Starting at one long side, roll the filo to form a log. Coil log into a spiral. Place on prepared tray, spray with oil and repeat process with remaining filo to make 4 spirals. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high, lightly spray with oil and stir-fry sprouts for 1-2 minutes. Add a splash of water to create steam then add broccolini tops. Stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes. Add a little more water and cook until veges are just tender. Divide chicken mixture among 4 bowls. Top with filo spirals and serve with veges.
Make it vegan: Use vegan stock and chicken-style strips or firm, cubed tofu instead of chicken.
The cooked chicken filling is suitable to freeze at the end of step 3.