Chicken and soba noodle salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 180g soba noodles
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 carrot, peeled into strips
- 310g can sweet corn, drained
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons mirin
- 1/2-1cm wasabi paste
Total fat 9.8g
Saturated fat 1.9g
Dietary fibre 6.5g
1 Place chicken, stock, water, soy sauce and ginger into a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and leave chicken to cool in liquid. When cool, shred chicken.
2 Meanwhile, cook noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Stir through sesame oil and set aside.
3 For the dressing, whisk together all ingredients.
4 In a large bowl, combine noodles, broccoli, chicken, carrot, corn, spring onions and sesame seeds. Pour over dressing, toss to combine and serve.
Ingredients like mirin and sesame oil are good investments; they add flavour and interest to simple dishes.