Chicken and vegetable parcels with plum sauce
Time to make: 50 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
Total cost: $ 18.20 / $ 4.55 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin, peeled, trimmed, cut in 1.5cm thick pieces (about 200g trimmed)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon plum sauce
- 500g chicken breast fillet, cut in 1cm-thick slices
- 3 carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- 3 cups broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 5 cups baby bok choy, shredded
- 2 cups basmati rice, steamed
- fresh coriander, to garnish
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Place metal baking tin in oven to heat.
2 Steam or microwave pumpkin until just tender. Meanwhile, combine garlic, 5-spice powder, honey, soy sauce and plum sauce in a medium-sized bowl. Add chicken and carrots and toss until well combined.
3 Cut four 30cm x 50cm pieces of tinfoil. In the centre of each piece of tinfoil place a 15cm x 15cm square of baking paper. Place steamed pumpkin, broccoli and bok choy in the centre of baking paper. Top vegetables in each parcel with one-quarter of the chicken mixture. Fold paper into a parcel then fold tinfoil around it to keep cooking juices inside. Repeat to make 4 parcels.
4 Place parcels in heated baking tin and cook on top shelf in oven for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender (check by carefully opening the parcel). Serve with rice and garnish with coriander.