Chicken avocado warm cobb salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
150g chicken breast
2 cups letuce or salad greens
1 green or red capsicum, diced
2 large tomatoes, diced
1/4 avocado, diced
40g blue cheese, finely chopped
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 slice grainy bread, halved
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 20g
Dietary fibre 680g
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- On a tray lined with baking paper, place chicken breast. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling water, boil eggs for 5-6 minutes.
- While eggs are cooking, assemble salad ingredients. In the bottom of 2 bowls add lettuce, then layer other ingredients in rows on top.
- Shred chicken and peel and chop eggs. Divide between bowls. Dress salads to your taste and season with black pepper. Serve with grainy bread on the side.
You can use tuna or leftover meat instead of chicken.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check mustard is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Limit avocado to 1/8 per person.
This salad makes a good work lunch.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $85. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!