Chicken Caesar salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets
- 80g sourdough baguette, cut in thin slices
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- oil spray
- 200g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 4 cups baby cos lettuce
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, trimmed, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 anchovy in oil, drained, finely chopped
- 2 soft-boiled eggs, peeled, halved
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix garlic, honey, half the mustard and half the lemon juice in a small bowl. Place each chicken fillet on a 20cm x 30cm tinfoil piece. Spoon lemon mixture over chicken and season with cracked black pepper. Fold tinfoil edges to enclose chicken fillets in 2 parcels. Place parcels on a baking tray. Cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove parcels from oven and leave to cool. Shred chicken and set aside.
2 Line a separate baking tray with baking paper. Place sourdough and prosciutto on tray. Spray sourdough lightly with oil. Bake, turning sourdough once, for 8-10 minutes or until sourdough and prosciutto are crisp and golden. Set aside to cool. Snap prosciutto into shards.
3 Blanch green beans in a medium-sized pan of boiling water. Refresh beans under cold running water then drain well.
4 Place shredded chicken, toasted sourdough, prosciutto, green beans, lettuce and cucumber in a large bowl. To make dressing, whisk yoghurt and remaining mustard with lemon juice and anchovy.
5 Plate each salad serve with topped with half an egg and a drizzle of dressing.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check mustard, prosciutto and yoghurt are gluten free.