Chicken, lemon and thyme casserole
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon plain flourall purpose flourX
- 3/4 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (reserve lemon halves)
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- steamed baby potatoes, to serve
- 2 cups steamed green beans, to serve
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 6.2g
Dietary fibre 3.6g
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Cut the chicken thighs into 3 or 4 pieces each. Season chicken with pepper on both sides. Heat oil in a heavy-based flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook half the thighs for 3-4 minutes, or until well browned. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with remaining thighs.
2 Add onion to the casserole and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Sprinkle flour over onion mixture and stir until well combined. Remove from heat and slowly add the chicken stock and lemon juice, stirring constantly, until well combined. Return to heat and stir until mixture boils. Stir in the capers and thyme, add lemon halves and return chicken pieces to the casserole.
3 Bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Divide chicken among serving plates and drizzle with pan juices. Serve with potatoes and beans.