Chicken linguine with tomato and basil pesto
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 1/2 cups basil leaves (keep a few aside to garnish)
- 1/2 cup oil-free semi-dried or sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 350g linguine pasta
- 300g chicken meat, skinless, cooked and shredded
Total fat 14.1g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5.4g
1 Process the basil leaves, tomatoes, almonds, garlic and parmesan in a food processor for 1 minute. Add the olive oil, lemon juice and 1/2 cup water and pulse for 1-2 minutes, or until it forms a smooth paste. Set aside.
2 Cook the linguine in a large pot of boiling water for 11 minutes (or following packet instructions) until al dente. Drain and return pasta to the saucepan. Add the chicken and pesto to the saucepan and stir well to combine with the pasta. Serve in individual bowls, sprinkled with reserved basil leaves.
Reduce the fat level even more by using less parmesan and oil than suggested.