Chicken, prawn and chorizo risotto
Time to make: 45 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 cups salt-reduced chicken, fish or vegetable stock (made with 4 teaspoons stock powder)
- 4 cups water
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 chorizo sausage, diced, or other delicatessen meat
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup wine
- 180g frozen, skinless lean chicken breast, defrosted
- 150g frozen prawns, defrosted
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas or canned beans
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Heat liquid stock and water in a large saucepan and keep at a simmer.
2 Cook onion in oil in a large non-stick pan until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add chorizo and seasoning. Cook for 1 minute.
3 Stir in rice. Add wine and stir. Add hot stock, 2 ladlefuls at a time, stirring until stock is absorbed. Repeat until almost all liquid is absorbed. Rice will be creamy and thick in texture.
4 While rice is cooking, spray a frying pan with oil and cook chicken until lightly golden. Cut in small pieces.
5 When all the liquid is almost completely absorbed in the rice, add chicken and prawns. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and peas. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in parmesan. Season to taste.
Chopped fresh parsley (to garnish), mixed salad
- Use frozen marinara mix and any frozen or fresh veges you have in the fridge, chopped.
- Add canned beans.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of stock powder, chorizo and seasoning.
Last updated date: 6 November 20182018-11-06 15:28:16