Chicken, rice and quinoa salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 x 250g packets SunRice Steamed Rice Rice & Quinoa
- 400g lean chicken breasts
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, cubed
- 1 avocado, stonepitXd, diced
- 4 tablespoons oil-free sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette made with 3 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Cook rice mix following packet directions. Leave for a few minutes in bag then place in a large salad bowl.
2 Thinly slice chicken. Heat a non-stick pan with oil spray and cook chicken for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove and set aside.
3 Wipe out pan and re-spray with oil. Add eggplant and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning once.
4 Remove and add to rice mix with chicken, avocado, tomatoes, spinach and walnuts. Add dressing and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check dressing is gluten free.