Chinese vegetarian chow mein
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g packet shelf-fresh hokkien noodles
- 500g firm tofu, sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 750g packet frozen mixed vegetables, heated
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 16g
1 Prepare noodles following packet directions. Set aside.
2 Meanwhile, place a wok or a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Add tofu and stir-fry for 2-4 minutes until browned and heated through. Transfer to a plate.
3 Reheat wok and re-spray with oil. Cook spring onions, garlic and ginger for 1 minute. In a jug combine hoisin sauce with lemon juice and 1/2 cup water. Return tofu to wok with noodles, heated vegetables and hoisin sauce mixture. Toss over a high heat for 2 minutes or until hot. Serve chow mein sprinkled with coriander.