Coconut peanut chicken curry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1 1/4 cups Delmaine Black Rice, rinsed until water runs clear
2 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons red curry paste
2 tablespoons Ceres Organics Smooth Peanut Butter
1 tablespoon Ceres Organics Coconut Aminos Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Countdown Essentials Brown Sugar
Dot's Cooking Oil Spray
400g Waitoa Free Range Skinless Chicken Breast, sliced in chunks
400ml can Countdown Essentials Coconut Milk
3 courgettes, diced
1 cup green beans, topped and tailed
4 cups baby spinach leaves
3/4 cup Countdown Homebrand Frozen Peas
Palmers Fresh Coriander leaves, to serve
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
- In a large saucepan combine rinsed rice and water. Set over a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10-15 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork before serving.
- While rice is cooking, in a small bowl combine curry paste, peanut butter, coconut aminos and brown sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat a heavy-based pan to medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add curry paste mixture and stir to combine. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add courgettes and beans and cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes, until liquid is reduced and chicken is cooked through. Add spinach and peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve curry with rice, topped with coriander leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Mastercraft, Countdown, Ceres Organics, Delmaine, Dot’s, Palmers and Waitoa.