Coriander potato cakes
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 800g potatoes, peeled, cut in chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- flour, to coat
- oil spray
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Steam or boil potatoes for 20 minutes or until very tender. Place in a large bowl and mash. Fold through coriander, parsley, garlic, chilli, cumin, paprika and egg. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
2 With damp hands form mash into 8 round cakes (8cm in diameter). Place flour in a small bowl and coat cakes with flour. Lightly spray with oil. Pan-fry over a medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes each side until golden.
Leafy green salad and Moroccan carrot salad garnished with fresh mint.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour.