Courgette cupcakes with pineapple frosting
Time to make: 50 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 150g reduced-fat spread
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream or low-fat yoghurt
- 1 1/4 cups grated courgetteszucchini, summer squashX
- 250g light cream cheese (we used Philadelphia)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line muffin tin holes with paper cases or lightly grease mini-loaf tins.
2 Sift flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda into a bowl and mix together lightly. Set aside.
3 Beat sugar and spread together. Add eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla, sour cream and courgettes.
4 Fold in flour. Spoon into cases or mini-loaf tins and bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm and golden.
5 Cool completely. To make frosting, beat cream cheese with syrup. Use to ice cakes then top with a dollop of pineapple.
These cupcakes freeze well, uniced.