Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g wholemeal pasta
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced capsicum
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 18g
1 Cook pasta following packet directions. Keep an eye on pot.
2 Meanwhile, while keeping an eye on pasta pot, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add onion and stir for 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
3 Add capsicum, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli and basil. Stir and fry for 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat and pour in milk. Sprinkle over paprika and stir through. Cook for 1 minute.
4 Pour over cooked pasta and serve immediately.
- Make it dairy free: Replace evaporated milk with 1 cup reduced-fat coconut milk and 1 cup water.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check paprika is gluten free.
- This recipe also works with other veges such as grated courgette, olives, capers, peas, corn and cauliflower.
- To increase protein, add a 425g can tuna in spring water or a 415g can pink salmon.
- To increase protein but still keep the dish vegetarian, add 200g silken tofu.
Did you know? Orecchiette is Italian for ‘little ears’ — and orecchiette pasta looks just like that!