Crushed kumara, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach with poached egg
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g unpeeled large orange kumara, cut in 2.5cm chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 heaped teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup tomato chutney
- 6 oil-free sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 lemon, juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons thick reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 eggs
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Place kumara in a microwave dish with 2 tablespoons water. Cover and steam in microwave for 5-7 minutes until cooked through.
2 Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Add onions and sautè for 2 minutes. Add curry powder and fry for 1 more minute. Add cooked kumara, tomato chutney and sun-dried tomatoes. Mix to combine and heat through (the kumara will break/mash up a bit). Add spinach and lemon juice. Continue to cook and mix ingredients for a few minutes until spinach wilts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3 Mix mayonnaise, yoghurt, garlic, coriander and curry powder.
4 Poach eggs in simmering water for 2 minutes until whites are set but yolks are still runny.
5 To serve divide kumara mixture among plates, top with a poached egg and serve with a good dollop of mayo-mix.