Dan’s oven-baked frittata
Time to make: 1 hr 10 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g potatoes, chopped lengthways
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 100g shaved lean ham, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 130g fresh baby spinach
- 5 eggs
- 200ml trim milk
- 1 dried or fresh chilli (with or without seeds)
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 80g feta, cut in small cubes
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Preheat fanbake oven to 200°C. Place potatoes, oil and half the ham in a family pie-sized oven dish. Toss to coat in oil. Roast for 30 minutes, or until potato is golden.
2 Cook onion in a small pan until transparent. Add onion, spinach and remaining ham to pie dish.
3 In a bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Add chilli and parsley. Pour egg mixture into pie dish then sprinkle feta on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until egg is set and top is golden.Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Dan Massie (24, sales executive)
- Frittatas are great and very easy to change by adding different meats and vegetables. Almost anything works!"
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free ham.
Dan says: "I like the simplicity of a frittata – and you can change a couple of ingredients to give you a completely different meal. One dish makes for a small clean-up, too. Bonus!"