Devilled steak with roasted veges
Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
Total cost: $ 28.68 / $ 7.17 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 600g kumara, peeled, cut in 1cm slices
- 450g parsnips, peeled, cut in quarters
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- oil spray
- 4 x 150g sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup (70g) fruit chutney
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups cooked spinach, to serve
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Steam kumara and parsnips until tender. Place on prepared baking tray with mushrooms and spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are crispy.
2 Meanwhile, place a large frying pan over a high heat. Spray steaks with oil and cook each side for 3 minutes until browned.
3 Combine curry powder, chutney, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons water in a bowl. Add to pan. Bring to the boil and simmer over a low heat for 4–5 minutes or until steaks are cooked to medium. Serve steaks, topped with sauce, with roasted veges and steamed spinach.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of curry powder, chutney and Worcestershire sauce.
- Replace steak with chicken or pork.
- Use mango chutney.
- Roast other types of root veges such as swedes, turnips or squash.