Egg and summer vegetable pasta
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 300g (3 cups) penne pasta
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthways, cut in 5cm lengths
- oil spray
- 3 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, coarsely grated
- 3 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Cook penne following packet directions. Add peas and asparagus in last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and return to saucepan.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add courgettes, carrots and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until lightly golden. Combine with pasta mixture.
3 Meanwhile, place eggs in a small saucepan of boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain, gently crack and remove shell. Carefully halve eggs and place on top of pasta. Garnish with chives.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
See our article 40 meals in 20 minutes for more quick and tasty meal ideas.