Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Feijoa sauce
- 600g feijoas (about 300g flesh)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pottles Vanilla Frûche fromage frais (150g each)
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat Greek yoghurt (we used Yoplait)
- 1 lemon, zest
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Place feijoa flesh in a small saucepan with sugar and water. Bring to the boil, turn down heat and simmer for 20 minutes until liquid has reduced. Use a blender to whizz until smooth. Place feijoas through a sieve to make sauce. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
2 In a small bowl combine fromage frais, Greek yoghurt and lemon zest. Divide half the yoghurt mixture among 4 small serving glasses. Add a layer of feijoa sauce then spoon the remaining yoghurt on top. Sprinkle with almonds and garnish with lemon zest if preferred.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of fromage frais and yoghurt.
Remember, a dish like this is an occasional treat rather than an everyday meal.