Time to make: 1 hr 15 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
Total cost: $ 13.60 / $ 1.70 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 700g new potatoes, halved
- 1 kumara, peeled, cut in chunks
- 300g baby beetroot, trimmed
- 1 large red onion, cut in wedges
- 2 heads garlic, broken into cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 sprigs rosemary or thyme
- 3 or 4 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup olives, pitted (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as parsley
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Spray a large ovenproof baking dish with oil. Place potatoes and kumara in a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Do the same with beetroot.
2 Drain vegetables and arrange on baking dish with onion and garlic. Scatter over herb sprigs and bay leaves. Spray with oil.
3 Mix olive oil and balsamic together and drizzle over vegetables. Cook for 1 hour turning several times during cooking until potatoes are tinged golden. Add olives (if using) for the last 20 minutes.
4 Serve garnished with parsley.
Serve garlic in its skin and let people peel the skin back to enjoy the sweetness of the roasted garlic purée.