Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 300g delicate- to medium-textured, hot or cold smoked fish, skinned, boned
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups trim milk
- 250g mixed vegetables, fresh (finely diced), canned or frozen
- pepper to taste
- 4 slices bread, toasted and cut into triangles
- fresh chopped basil and coriandercilantroX, to garnish
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Cut fish into 1.5 cm cubes. Melt spread in a saucepan, add onion and celery and cook until translucent. Blend in turmeric and flour and cook for 1 minute until foaming. Gradually stir in milk and heat until sauce comes to the boil. Add cubed fish and vegetables then simmer 2-3 minutes. Add pepper to taste.
2 Place in a greased ovenware dish. Bake at 150°C for 30 minutes.
3 Place toasted bread over pie. Garnish with fresh basil and coriander and serve with a leafy salad.
- At step 4, add 2 chopped hard-boiled eggs when adding vegetables.
- Replace smoked fish with 300g delicate- to medium-textured skinless, boneless fish fillets.
- At step 2, cover pie with 2 cups cooked mashed potato. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup grated edam cheese, then bake at 150°C for 30 minutes.