Floret fritters with tzatzaki
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 700g cauliflower, chopped
- 400g broccoli, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 8 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- oil spray
- 4 tablespoons low-fat tzatziki
- 4 cups green salad, to serve
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Steam cauliflower and broccoli for 4-5 minutes until tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
2 Add butter beans. Roughly mash vegetables and beans. Add onions, ginger, garlic, flour, turmeric and eggs and stir until well combined.
3 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Spoon 1/4 cup mixture per fritter into pan, 3 fritters at a time. Cook for 3 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Continue with the remaining batter to make24 fritters, spraying pan with more oil if needed. Serve with tzatziki and salad.
Make it gluten free: Use rice flour instead of standard flour and check tzatziki is gluten free.