Gluten-free mini lemon cheesecake muffins
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray, to grease
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup thick low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, 2 teaspoons lemon zest and 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 sugar, extra
Total fat 1g
saturated fat N/S
dietary fibre N/S
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease mini muffin pans or cases.
2 Use a food processor or stick blender to blend egg yolks, yoghurt, cottage cheese and the first measure of sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add rice flour and stir to combine.
3 In a glass or china bowl beat egg whites to a meringue with the second measure of sugar. Fold lightly into lemon batter. Spoon into prepared pan or cases and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly coloured on top and springy when touched.
Dust with a little icing sugar and sprinkle with lemon zest.
- These muffins may sink a little once cooled.
- These muffins freeze well.