Grilled chicken with macadamia, basil and parsley pesto
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g potatoes, peeled, cut in 1cm slices
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups chargrilled vegetables such as sliced courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, red capsicum, asparagus, mushrooms
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 To make pesto, place basil, parsley, parmesan, nuts and garlic in a food processor. Blend until chopped.
2 With the motor running, slowly add olive oil and process until smooth. Add 3-4 tablespoons warm water to reach a fairly smooth consistency. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
3 Steam potato slices for 5 minutes in microwave until tender. Set aside.
4 Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue to medium-high. Spray chicken with oil and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through, sprinkling with lemon juice as the chicken cooks. Add potatoes to grill or pan and toss to brown.
5 Slice chicken and serve stacked on top of potato. Spoon pesto over chicken and potato. Serve with chargrilled vegetables.