Grilled pork with pear and cheddar salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 pork cutlets, trimmed of any fat
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- cooking oil spray
- 80g reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 pears, cored and cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, chopped
- 4 cooked new potatoes to serve
Total fat 16.5g
Saturated fat 5.3g
Dietary fibre 4.2g
1 Place pork in a glass dish. Pour over half the vinegar. Add garlic and turn to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2 Preheat a grill pan or frying pan on medium-high. Spray pork with oil and grill for 3 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes.
3 Use a vegetable peeler to shave cheese into thin ribbons. Combine cheese, lettuce, pear, walnuts and remaining vinegar in a bowl. Serve pork with potatoes and salad on the side.
Use a rocket and baby spinach mix instead of lettuce leaves.