Haloumi pasta salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
300g wholemeal pasta (penne or rigotoni)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus a few sprigs to garnish
1 red chilli, finely chopped or 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 x 250g punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
1 avocado, sliced
1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 spring onions, finely sliced
Total fat 27g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 14g
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook according to packet directions. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl place haloumi, mint, chilli and half the oil. Stir to coat and set aside to marinate.
- In a large salad bowl combine garlic, balsamic vinegar and remaining oil. Add tomatoes, avocado, chickpeas, spring onions and pasta, and toss to coat.
- Set a pan over medium-high heat. Cook haloumi for 1 minute each side, until golden brown. Cut into chunks and add to pasta. Toss lightly.
- To serve, divide pasta salad among 4 plates. Garnish with mint and freshly ground black pepper.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Make a hummus with any remaining chickpeas by whizzing in the blender with a little olive oil, seasoning and lemon juice.