Haloumi, rocket and chickpea salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 1/2 cups (300g) green beans, blanched
- 1 1/2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, rinsed
- 7 cups (100g) baby rocketarugulaX leaves
- 250g packet coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup low-fat dressing
- 4 pieces mountain bread, cut in large wedges
- 120g haloumi, thinly sliced
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Place beans, chickpeas, rocket, coleslaw mix and dressing in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
2 Spray a frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook bread for 2 minutes on each side until crisp. Cook haloumi for 2 minutes on each side until golden. Top salad with haloumi and serve with bread.
Swap the chickpeas for kidney or borlotti beans. Add cherry tomatoes, toasted pine nuts and chopped fresh basil. Swap the dressing for olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check dressing is gluten free.