Herb-crumbed beef with creamy mash
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free cornflour
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 x 60g beef schnitzels
- 600g desiree potatoes, peeled, cut in chunks
- 1/3 cup warm trim milk
- 4 cups steamed frozen vegetables such as green beans and snow peas
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place cornflour in a shallow bowl and season with freshly ground black pepper. Place egg whites into a second bowl. Mix quinoa flakes, parmesan and parsley in a third bowl.
2 Dip a piece of schnitzel into cornflour to coat, then into egg white and finally into quinoa flakes. Repeat with the remaining schnitzel.
3 Spray schnitzels on both sides with oil, place onto prepared tray and bake for 15 minutes, turning once or until golden.
4 Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain, then return to saucepan. Add warm milk and mash until smooth. Season with ground black pepper and keep warm.
5 Divide mash among plates, top each with 2 pieces of schnitzel, serve with greens and a lemon wedge.