HFG lemon slice
Time to make: 30 mins
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 125g reduced-fat spread
- 1 egg, separated
- 3/4 cup light condensed milk
- 2 large lemons, finely grated zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 30cm x 20cm slice tin with baking paper. Combine flours and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl.
2 Place spread in a small saucepan and place over a low heat for several minutes until melted. Set aside to cool. Add spread and egg white to flour mixture and stir until well combined. Press mixture evenly into base of prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
3 Meanwhile, in a saucepan combine egg yolk, condensed milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, cornflour and the remaining sugar. Place over a medium-high heat. Whisk until mixture comes to the boil and thickens. Pour mixture over hot slice base. Spread evenly and stand to cool. Once cool, cut in 15 squares.
What we did
- Replaced condensed milk with a light version
- Replaced butter with reduced-fat spread
- Reduced amount of sugar
- Removed coconut and biscuits from the base.
Traditional lemon slice (per serve)
1150kJ14g fat10g sat fat
HFG lemon slice (per serve)
810kJ6g fat1g sat fat