HFG red berry bread and butter pudding
Time to make: 55 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups trim milk
- 8 slices fruit bread, quartered
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
No nutrition information available for this recipe.
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a shallow 6-cup-capacity baking dish with oil.
2 Whisk together sugar, eggs, egg whites, vanilla, cinnamon and milk. Set aside.
3 Arrange half the bread slices in a single layer on the base of prepared dish.
4 In a small bowl, combine berries. Arrange half the berries over bread. Layer remaining bread over berries. Pour over egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining berries.
5 Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven and stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
300ml full cream milk
8 slices white bread
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup sultanas
2 tablespoons brandy
What we did
- Removed the brandy, butter, cream and about half the eggs.
- Swapped full milk for trim milk and white bread and sultanas for fruit bread.
- Reduced the sugar.
HFG red berry bread and butter pudding (per serve)
Total energy 880kJ
Total fat 4g (1g saturated fat)
Traditional bread and butter pudding (per serve)
Total energy 2400kJ
Total fat 35g (21 saturated fat)
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free fruit bread.