Homemade baked beans and ham on toast
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minceground beefXd
- 100g 98% fat-free ham, chopped
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 slices multigrain toast bread
- chopped fresh parsley, to serve
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Spray a medium saucepan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic to pan and cook for 3 minutes.
2 Stir in ham, tomatoes and water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
3 Add beans. Stir to combine. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Season to taste and serve on toast, garnished with parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and make sure ham and canned tomatoes are gluten free.