Honey and chicken couscous
Time to make: 25 mins , plus marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 small (250g) skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, juice and used halves cut in wedges
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock made with 1 1/2 cups boiling water and 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- cooking oil spray
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup ready-to-eat dried apricots
- 1 cup canned chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups spinach, lightly blanched
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Flatten chicken breasts until doubled in size. Place in a non-metallic dish. Mix lemon juice, honey and oil together. Pour over chicken. Leave to marinate.
2 To prepare couscous, place couscous in a heatproof bowl with cinnamon. Make liquid stock and pour over couscous. Cover with a tight-fitting lid to allow couscous to steam. Leave for 5-6 minutes.
3 Heat a non-stick pan for a few minutes with a little oil spray. Cook chicken for 5-6 minutes each side until lightly golden, adding used lemon wedges in the final few minutes. Cool slightly before cutting chicken in bite-sized pieces.
4 Fluff couscous using a fork. Add chicken with remaining ingredients. Toss lightly. Serve as is or with a reduced-fat salad dressing.
Flavour couscous with oil or add 1 teaspoon spice such as coriander or cumin before you cook it. Or, once cooked, stir in 1 tablespoon chopped herbs such as coriander or parsley.