Indian rice pudding
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 420g can 99% fat-free vanilla-flavoured creamed rice
- 1/2 x 375ml can light evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 orange, zest
- 1/4 cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Pour creamed rice and milk into a saucepan. Add cardamom, cinnamon and orange zest. Stir and cook for 5 minutes until heated through.
2 Pour into heatproof glass ramekins. Serve warm sprinkled with extra sultanas and pistachios.
Serve as part of this budget Indian dinner party for four… three courses for under $4.50 per person!
This dessert is delicious hot or cold. To eat cold, leave pudding to cool then transfer to the fridge for a couple of hours.