Indian-spiced fish with nutty rice
Time to make: 10 mins , plus 10 mins marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 150g piece firm white fish
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- oil spray
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (defrosted) spinach or silver beet
- 1 tablespoon toasted cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney (optional)
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Combine cumin, curry powder, cinnamon, garlic, ginger and yoghurt in a shallow, non-metallic bowl. Add fish and coat well. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
2 Cook rice following packet directions. Set aside and keep warm.
3 Spray a frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Remove fish from marinade and shake off excess. Cook fish for 2 minutes each side until just cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
4 Add spinach or silver beet to pan and cook until wilted.
5 Place fish on top of spinach with a dollop of chutney (if using). Serve with rice and a squeeze of lime juice, if preferred.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free curry powder, yoghurt and chutney (if using).