Japanese soba noodle salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 270g dried soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 bunch asparagus or green beans, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons mirin (see tip)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 150g hot smoked salmon fillet, skin removed, flaked
- 1 telegraph cucumber, trimmed, halved, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 cups (95g) baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Cook soba noodles following packet directions. Rinse under cold running water. Drain. Toss with 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Set aside to cool completely.
2 Blanch asparagus or beans in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, or until bright green. Refresh under cold running water. Drain.
3 To make dressing, place mirin, lime juice, soy sauce and remaining sesame oil in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
4 Place cooled noodles, asparagus, salmon, cucumber, spinach and dressing in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Divide noodles among 4 plates. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Mirin is Japanese rice wine. You can substitute mirin with sherry, or white wine with a bit of dissolved sugar.